Pages in this blog

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Happy Birthday card and quilled magnet

Debbie and Grandma Rose


   Hi! So glad you came to see the new post! I am enjoying learning about blogging through much trial and error LOL. I added a list of links for card challenges (took 2 tries) and added a couple of the little badges for other blogs but still have other things to figure out. I guess if I learned how to make web sites, I can learn how to make my blog - but this time I have asked for help from a couple ladies and am waiting to hear from them. If I limit my trial and error time, then I have more time to craft and post!! Woot!



   This card was made for my Grandma. She likes pink so I used different shades and coordinating colors in the embellishments. I made it for her birthday in January - and it is the last birthday card I will ever make her because she passed away the last day of January. I miss her terribly so why not showcase the love I translated to paper?
   I embossed the outside inch + and then inked over the raised hearts slightly so some spots would be darker than others. I always used the bottom sentiment somewhere on the cards I made her, even if it were on the back with the Love is Homemade. For the center topper I stamped happy Birthday on white cardstock, cut it out and edged it with ink and adhered it to a larger piece of pink so it left room for the fussy cut flower and leaf out of some scrap floral paper, and double ribbon bow (that I fought to make pretty and flat!). My real work went to the magnet I made for the inside.


   Since most all people only keep cards out to view for a short length of time, I wanted to make something that Grandma could keep in view for a long time, so the inside became a magnet for her to put on her fridge (which I now have on mine). I traced and cut out the cardstock and adhesive sheet magnet from a Fiskars template, then went to work on the quilling. If I can quill then anyone can! There are easy to follow instructions of the net and in kits. Another bow was made out of 2 more ribbons and adhere with a Zots dot on top of the quilling. I went through my stash and found a pink rose (her name is Rose) and pink butterfly button I threaded with pink cross-stitch thread and inked the edges of the to make it stand out more, and adhered them with Zots dots. To add some bling, I added Stickles to the butterfly, rose, quilled hearts and the stamped flower design coming out of the hearts as well as a little on the inked edges of the magnet, and wrote I Love You in a pink glitter pen. She loved it and was very proud to show it off to her friends and neighbors in her building.



   I think I have learned my lesson about where the light source is when taking photos, I didn't notice it at the time I took them and am usually pretty careful about it to get a good image, so I apologize for these photos with the top right corner glare. This picture is here to show that the cardstock was the same color, but the individual photos make it look different. That has happened with most of the photos I have taken and even with editing I have not been able to make them match.

   I hope you enjoyed viewing this double creation that I posted in honor of the memory of my Grandmother, Rose. She was a fabulous woman! I will be looking forward to seeing her again in heaven.

Many Blessings, Deborah



This card is entered in the following challenges:


8 comments:

  1. Trying to contact you to answer your question posted on my blog about the idea log. Can't find your E-mail address anywhere. Email me, business@circlebenterprises.com and I will help.

    Just A Pac Rat

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project - it is sure to be treasured.
    Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this time.
    Good luck.
    {{Debs}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW this is a lovely project_ I bet she was real proud to display this, it's delightful. Never tried quilling myself although I do like the effect. :-)

    Ike xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely project, the quilling is wonderful thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic
    Hugs
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a super project & great quilling. Thank you for playing along with Ellephantastic this month.
    Hugs
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous project. I love the magnet idea...wonderful and very pretty.
    Thanks for sharing with us at ‘Make it Monday’

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    Don’t forget. .if you leave a comment on another entrant, mention that you saw their card on ‘Make it Monday’ for a chance at second prize.. the more you comment on and mention MIM, the more chances at winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card, and lovely quilled magnet....

    Thanks for sharing your creation with Make It Monday.
    Don't forget......... if you leave a comment on another entry, mention that you saw their card on "Make It Monday" for a chance at second prize. The more entries you comment on the more chance you have of winning second prize.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a wonderful card and magnet .. i love the beautiful quilling
    Thanks for linking up to Make it Monday
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments and love, I really appreciate you! <3